Monday, November 20, 2006

Warmer, Safer Homes Surgery - Porthcawl

Last year Welsh Labour boosted Wales’ Home Energy Efficiency Scheme (HEES) by £10 million. This year Welsh Labour has increased the HEES grants from £2,700 to £3,600 to help pensioners, the disabled, families receiving benefits and other vulnerable groups of people install new insulation measures, heating systems and improve home security with window and door locks.

This week I will be continuing to hold a series of special advice surgeries to help local pensioners and others find out if they might be eligible for help to make their homes warmer and safer. The next surgery will be held on Friday, 24 November 2006 at Porthcawl Community Council Offices at 10am. No appointments are necessary.

I hope that many more local people will come to benefit from this initiative, and I want to do my bit in encouraging those who are eligible to apply for a grant. I had a great response to the surgeries that I held last winter and I am expecting the same, this Friday.

I hope that local pensioners and other eligible groups such as lone parents and families with children under 16 who are entitled to benefits come along to my advice surgery to see if this scheme can help make their homes warmer this winter.

Further details of the scheme can be found at: http://www.eaga.co.uk/Grants/hees_wales.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home