Thursday, October 05, 2006

Design my Christmas Card


This week I have been busy lauching my second annual Christmas Card Competition.

The competition is open to young artists across the Bridgend constituency and invites them to design my official Christmas card, which will then be sent to hundreds of people across the country. Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each of the four age categories (Nursery & Reception, Years 1&2, Years 3-6, Years 7-11) with the overall winner also being invited to have lunch with me at the National Assembly in Cardiff Bay.

Youngsters can base their entry on their idea of what Christmas is about.

Last year everyone on my Christmas card mailing list said that they really liked the winning design. I very much enjoyed sorting through the hundreds of entries that came in and the work of the children was of an exceptionally high standard.

I have written to all the schools in my Bridgend constituency encouraging them to take part and I look forward to receiving submissions that are as inventive and inspired as possible.

Last year's winner Lauryn Jones of Tondu Primary School, then aged 4, is pictured above receiving her prize from me in the presence of the school's headteacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home